Pittsburgh Doula Network is Pittsburgh’s most respected postpartum doula service. We have a network of trained and experienced doulas knowledgeable in newborn care, postpartum recovery, breast and bottle feeding, family support and most importantly – mothercare.
Collectively, Pittsburgh Doula Network doulas have a wealth of wisdom and huge hearts. To give you and idea of who OUR doulas really are, besides being mothers, they also individually have areas of specialty:
- Lactation Consultant, IBCLC
- Lactation Counselor, CLC, CLEC
- Certified Lamaze Childbirth Educator, LCCE
- Certified Doula, CD (DONA)
- Certified Postpartum Doula, CPD (DONA)
- DONA and ProDoula Trained Postpartum Doulas
- Certified Our Baby Class Instructor
- Certified Kangaroo Care provide
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
These women are dedicated to the events involved in the childbearing year and living a healthy lifestyle who are ready to offer the peer support you need after you bring home baby and provide the best infant care in Pittsburgh.
Each doula is infant-child CPR certified, has Act 33/34 clearances and is insured, so you can be sure your child and family will be safe and well cared for.
We respect your privacy, maintain confidentiality, and adhere to the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics set forth by Doulas of North America (DONA). Their position paper on the postpartum doula’s role is an excellent read on the scope of a doula’s practice.
A postpartum doula DOES NOT:
- Educate according to her own beliefs or personal experience
- Judge the family
- Diagnose conditions
- Perform clinical tasks
Pittsburgh Doula Network demands a high level of professionalism from our doulas and continually evaluate them. We invite you to provide feedback about your experience, so that we can continue to learn about our clients and their needs. We strive to exceed your expectations and sincerely want to provide the best postpartum care in the greater Pittsburgh area.